Automotive PC Scope Diagnostic Package
Automotive PC Scope Diagnostic Package - 2 Channels - USB
PC Connection Option:
Turn your PC into a powerful, high resolution oscilloscope with the EASE PC Scope Software and the PicoScope 4225 automotive oscilloscope. Combine with the EASE PC Scan Tool to create the ultimate diagnostic workstation.
Turn your PC into a high resolution oscilloscope with the EASE PC Scope Software and the PicoScope automotive oscilloscope. An automotive scope can be used to measure and test virtually all of the electrical and electronic components and circuits in any modern vehicle.
Designed to save you time and money. Automotive oscilloscopes make it easier and faster to diagnose faults on today’s modern vehicles. Fast sampling speeds, large memory and bandwidth means that not only is it suitable for use on all current vehicles, but it will continue to be of use in diagnosing faults with the complex electrical and electronic systems that will be found on new and future generations of vehicles.
Easily capture large and complex waveforms. The large sample buffer of this automotive oscilloscope allows complex waveforms to be captured in great detail — even if they last for long periods of time; while the high resolution makes it possible to expand the captured waveform to allow you to examine every last detail of the waveform. The PicoScope is a dual-channel oscilloscope and is capable of capturing waveforms from up to 2 sensors at once.
Do I need a scope or a scan tool? Scan tools and scopes do very different jobs, so an automotive repair shop needs both. Our PC Scan Tool and PC Scope software were designed to work together for powerful diagnostic capabilities. This way a user can simultaneously use the Scan Tool and the Scope to effectively diagnose the problem, all on one PC!
In the workshop or on the road — the choice is yours. This automotive oscilloscope is powered directly from the USB port of your computer — eliminating the need for power leads or battery packs, and making the PicoScope suitable for use both for workshop-based and mobile automotive diagnostics.
This custom EASE package includes PicoScope 4225 two channel automotive oscilloscope, USB cable, PicoScope Automotive Software CD, EASE Automotive PC Scope Software CD, Black and Red Multimeter Probes, Blue, Red and Black Gator Clips, Secondary Ignition Pickup, Inductive Trigger Pickup, Blue and Red Test leads, Storage Case and one year of technical support .
This package requires a Windows desktop, laptop or tablet PC. The scope unit gets its power through the USB cable, so there’s no extra power adapter needed.
Extremely Helpful, Easy To Use & Loaded With Features
PicoScope Automotive Scope Software Features
- Auto setup, tutorials and guided tests help get you started
- Wave Form Library - search a global database for "known good" waveforms from similar vehicles to compare against.
- Over 150 guided tests are built into the software ranging from simple injector tests to more complex topics such as CAN bus testing.
- With a simple connection to the battery, the included PicoDiagnostics software can quickly perform the following tests: Compression test, Cylinder balance / misfire detect, Battery test, Starter motor test and Alternator test.
- Advanced features such as maths channels, waveform buffers, advanced triggers and reference waveforms for experienced users
EASE Automotive PC Scope Software Features
- Enhanced Graphing Controls
- Customizable Configurations
- Built in Wave Form Library
- Screen Capture
- Report Generation
- 15 Standard Signal Measurements
- Horizontal & Vertical Cursors
PICOSCOPE 4225 Automotive Scope Specifications Overview
- 2 Channels
- 20 MHz bandwidth
- 12 bit Resolution (16 bits enhanced)
- 400 million samples per second (MS/s) sample rate
- 250 million samples buffer memory
- ±50 mV to ±200 V Input Range in 12 ranges (full scale)
- No power supply required - powered from USB port
- USB 3.0 (USB 2.0 compatible) connection for fast screen updates
- Use with any modern vehicle
- Easy to use
- Includes PicoScope Automotive software
Diagnostic Capabilities Of This Package
- Ignition (primary & secondary)
- Injectors and Fuel Pumps
- Starter and Charging Circuits
- Batteries, alternators and starter motors
- Lambda, airflow, ABS and MAP sensors
- Electronic throttle control
- CAN bus, LIN bus and FlexRay
- Virtually all electrical and electronic vehicle components and circuits
EASE PC Scope Software
Turn your PC into a high resolution oscilloscope with the EASE PC Scope Software and the PicoScope 4000 automotive oscilloscope.
2 Channel PC Scope
High resolution automotive fault finding oscilloscope.
Includes standard signal measurements such as AC Value, average, cycle time, dBV, DC Value, Duty Cycle, fall time, frequency, high and low pulse width, min and max, peak to peak, rise time, RMS. Configure the screen as desired and save it for future use.
View Scope & Scan Tool Data
When combined with the EASE PC Scan Tool, OBD processed vehicle data as interpreted by the ECM can be compared to actual data as read from a component. Combine with the EASE PC Scan Tool to create the ultimate diagnostic workstation.
Software includes over 50 waveforms in a reference library. Simply load the desired waveform and the software automatically configures the settings and allows you to compare the live signal to the reference waveform.
Time Base and Trigger
17 preset time divisions, 8 time multiplier divisions. Set trigger mode, source and edge. Variable trigger level (mV) and Delay (%). Unique Drag Trigger feature allows you to use the mouse to position the trigger point.
11 preset ranges or Auto ranging, Preset current clamp settings or customizable, AC/DC coupling, user selectable average and low pass filter settings, title each graph, and select color of cursors, grid and waveform.
What's In The Box
The following is included with the EASE Automotive PC Scope Package:
- PicoScope 4225 two channel automotive oscilloscope - USB
- USB Cable
- PicoScope Automotive Software CD
- EASE Automotive PC Scope Software CD
- Multimeter Probe, BLACK & RED
- Insulated Gator Clip, BLUE
- Insulated Gator Clip, RED
- Insulated Gator Clip, BLACK - Qty:2
- Secondary Ignition Pickup (capacitive)
- Inductive Trigger Pickup w/BNC male connector
- Test lead, BNC to 4mm, 10', BLUE
- Test lead, BNC to 4mm, 10', RED
- Storage Case
- 1 Year of Technical Support By Phone or Email
The software included with this package requires a Windows desktop, laptop or tablet PC. The scope unit gets its power through the USB cable, so there’s no extra power adapter needed.
EASE PC Scope Software MINIMUM PC Requirements
- Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10 Home or Professional
- Minimum Processor: Dual Core or equivalent
Recommended Processor: i3 or i5
- Minimum RAM: 1G
Recommended RAM: 2G
- CD-ROM Drive
- One free USB 3.0 (recommended) or 2.0 compliant port
- Internet Connectivity
- Email Account
- A valid e-mail address To Receive your Software Access Code
After you install the EASE software on your PC, software access codes must be obtained from the EASE Access Code Web Site. These codes must be entered before the software can be used. You can get your access codes 24 Hours a Day 7 Days a Week at www.obd2code.com
PicoScope Automotive Software Requirements
- Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10
- Port: USB 3.0 recommended; USB 2.0 compatible
Oscilloscope Specifications (vertical)
- Channels: 2
- Bandwidth: 20 MHz (10 MHz on ± 50 mV range)
- Vertical resolution: 12 bits
- Enhanced vertical resolution: 16 bits
- DC Accuracy: ± 1%
- Sensitivity: 10 mV/div to 40 V/div
- Input ranges (full scale): ± 50 mV to ± 200 V in 12 ranges
- Input characteristics: 1 MΩ in parallel with 24 pF
- Input type: Floating, BNC connector
- Input common mode: 30 V
- Input coupling: Software selectable AC/DC
- Overload protection: ± 250 V (DC + AC peak) on single input
Oscilloscope Specifications (horizontal)
- Maximum sampling rate: 1 channels in use: 400 MS/s ; 2 channels in use 200 MS/s
- Maximum sampling rate (USB streaming): 20 MS/s (USB 3.0); 10 MS/s (USB 2.0)
- Buffer memory: 250 M samples
- Waveform buffer: Up to 10,000 waveforms
- Timebase ranges: 100 ns/div to 5000 s/div
Dynamic performance (typical)
- Crosstalk: 4000:1, DC to 20 MHz
- Harmonic distortion: <−60 dB
- SFDR > 60 dB
- Noise: 220 μV RMS on 50 mV range
- Bandwidth flatness: DC to full bandwidth (+0.25 dB, −3 dB)
- ADC ENOB: 10.8 bits
- Source: Any input channel
- Basic triggers: Auto, repeat, single, none
- Advanced triggers: Rising edge, falling edge, edge with hysteresis, pulse width, runt pulse, dropout, windowed
- Maximum pre trigger delay: Up to 100% of capture length
- Maximum post trigger delay: Up to 4 billion samples
- Frequency range: DC to 20 MHz
- Display modes: Magnitude, average, peak hold
- Windowing functions: Rectangular, Gaussian, triangular, Blackman, Blackman-Harris, Hamming, Hann, flat-top
- Number of FFT points: Selectable from 128 up to 1 million in powers of 2
- Scale / units: X axis : linear or log 10: Y axis : logarithmic (dbV, dBu, dBm, arbitrary) or linear (volts)
- General functions: −x, x+y, x−y, x*y, x/y, x^y, sqrt, exp, ln, log, abs, norm, sign, sin, cos, tan, arcsin, arccos, arctan, sinh, cosh, tanh, derivative, integral, delay
- Filter functions: Low pass, high pass, band stop, band pass
- Graphing functions: Frequency, duty cycle
- Multi-waveform functions: Min, max, average, peak
- Operands: Input channel, reference waveforms, time, constants, pi
- Scope mode AC RMS, true RMS, cycle time, DC average, duty cycle, falling rate, fall time, frequency, high pulse width, low pulse width, maximum, minimum, peak to peak, rise time, rising rate.
- Spectrum mode Frequency at peak, amplitude at peak, average amplitude at peak, total power, THD %, THD dB, THD+N, SFDR, SINAD, SNR, IMD
- Statistics Minimum, maximum, average and standard deviation
- Protocols: CAN, LIN, I²C, UART/RS-232, SPI, I²S, FlexRay
- Inputs: All input channels with any mixture of protocols
Mask limit testing
- Mask generation: Auto generate from captured waveform, manual drawing, manual coordinate entry
- Actions: Highlight on screen, select in buffer overview, activate alarm
- Statistics: Pass/fail, failure count, total count
- Initiating events: Capture, buffer full, mask fail
- Alarm actions: Beep, play sound, stop/restart capture, run executable, save current buffer/all buffers, trigger signal generator
- Output file formats: BMP, CSV, GIF, JPG, MATLAB 4, PDF, PNG, PicoScope data, PicoScope settings, TXT
- Output functions: Copy to clipboard, print
- Operating environment Temperature range: 0 °C to 40 °C (15 °C to 30 °C for quoted accuracy)
- Operating environment Humidity: 5% to 80% RH, non-condensing
- Storage environment: Temperature range: -20 to +60°C
- Storage environment Humidity: 5 to 95% RH, non-condensing
- Dimensions: 190 x 160 x 40 mm (approx 7.5 x 6.3 x 1.6 in)
- Weight: < 900 g (approx 2 lb)
- Pico Software Included: PicoScope 6 oscilloscope software with waveform database and guided tests. PicoDiagnostics software
- PC requirements: Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- PC connectivity: SuperSpeed USB 3.0 (USB 2.0 compatible)
- Power requirements: Powered from USB port
- Safety approvals: LVD compliant
- EMC approvals: Tested to meet EN61326-1:2006 and FCC Part 15 Subpart B
- Environmental approvals: RoHS and WEEE compliant
- Warranty: 1 year
- PicoScope Oscilloscope Languages: Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
What Does It Mean?
Vertical resolution: The number of dots in the waveform from top to bottom. “12 bits” means 4,096 dots, which is more detail than you can see on the screen all at once. PicoScope stores the extra detail for when you zoom in.
Buffer memory: The number of dots in the waveform from left to right. If you don’t have enough memory then the waveform won’t show all the detail in the signal. PicoScope has more than enough memory, so you can zoom in thousands of times and still see a clear display and spot intermittent glitches.
Waveform buffer: A memory that collects your most recent waveforms. If a waveform disappears off the screen, you can look back through the waveform buffer to find it.
Trigger: This ensures that the scope captures the waveform at the right time and keeps it in a stable position on the screen. PicoScope usually sets up the trigger automatically, but if you want you can select special trigger modes to catch unusual waveforms that you might otherwise miss.
Bandwidth: Not something that you need to worry about most of the time, but for faster signals, more bandwidth gives a more faithful reproduction of the signal shape on the screen. PicoScope has enough bandwidth to display CAN bus and FlexRay signals accurately.
Sampling rate: Like bandwidth, this is more important for fast signals. A high sampling rate gives more detail across the screen, so you can zoom in to see the high frequency details of the signal.
One year of Technical Support is also included with your EASE purchase. So if you ever need help, you can contact our support department by calling our support line or by sending them an email
EAEASE accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal and eChecks thru PayPal.
Your transaction is completely safe and secure. We have partnered with Authorize.Net to offer safe and secure credit card and electronic check transactions for our customers.